1. Every newborn “honeymoon” has gotten better than the last. Maybe it is because I know what to expect. I suspect it is because my parents and mother-in-law have continued to come and help with household chores and taking care of the other children after every birth, each of them taking a week. I have help until next Tuesday morning, and then M has Thanksgiving break. This means I get to sleep until 9am with the baby (if this is what she does) everyday for 2.5 weeks!
2. I am feeling pretty good for having given birth (completely naturally I must add) nine days ago. I actually feel kind of awake this morning. 🙂
3. The baby caught the cold her sisters brought home from somewhere. If you never have used nasal saline drops to help clean out a baby’s nose, you totally should. They work wonders!
Since all I have been doing is sleeping, nursing, sitting while others do the work, and being with the baby I will leave the rest of the quicktakes to cute details one forgets about newborns:
4. The newborn smell. It is like no other. You have to smell it to know it.
5. The nursing callous on the upper lip and how it peels off every couple of days.
6. The silly half awake expressions of rolling eyes, sideways grins, random quick breathing, puckering of lips, etc.
7. The snuggling sleeping cuddly times when you know you should go take a nap, shower, use the bathroom, eat something but just can’t pry yourself away.