We found our new house. It was there from the beginning of our search. But for some reason it has been overlooked by us and every other house hunter looking for a 3+ bedroom house in our price range. I’d like to think that God has been saving it just for us. I feel so abundantly blessed.
We had the inspection today and met the owner (not really supposed to happen, but it did). He is a man in his late sixties who has been meticulously maintaining his house for 17 years. He has kept a file with all his updates on record and is going to give it to us. I am just going to say that it is perfect for M and I who have never owned a home and probably should not be trusted with too extensive of home repairs yet. That being said my quicktakes today are seven things I want to do with this house before we move in.
1. Carpet the steps to the basement. The basement is finished and carpeted, but the stairs remain unfinished. Since I plan on the basement being kid heaven, I want carpet on the stairs.
2. Install a bench and find a small table for the eat-in kitchen.
3. Create a great system for storing shoes by the back door next to the eat-in kitchen.
4. Living room: Find matching chairs and complimentary couch, paint walls (who knows what color?), rug.
5. Master bedroom: I would love it if I could finally afford a bedroom set instead of folding table nightstands and no headboard or dresser, but for now I am going to at least figure out the perfect wall color and curtains. Since we are buying a house for our 5 year anniversary, maybe the bedroom set can wait until our ten year…
6. Girls room: paint their thrifted dresser (which lives in the closet in their current room) white with green trim and paint their walls a color we can all agree on.
7. Refinish dining room table and find a matching bench.
5 thoughts on “Seven QuickTakes Friday: Pinterest Awaits!”
Wait…you want to do this all *before* you even move in? 🙂
Congrats!! I'm happy for you and just a tad jealous 🙂
We close two months before our lease is up in our current house. So, we have a good overlap time to do work without furniture in the way. 🙂
My parents are trying to get rid of their old bedroom set! It's just too big to be comfortable in their bedroom. If only you could come by and pick it up… 🙂
Also: Looks like there are plenty of estate sales in your area.
If only! I suppose it would be less expensive to just buy a nice brand new set than to get one from across the country. Trying to imagine an estate sale with three four and under… L would break everything I am sure, but at least F would sleep the whole time.
Isn't that why God made babysitters? 😉
Comments are closed.