|Photo by my father.|
My parents very concrete suggestions:
1) Cook what your husband likes to eat.
2) On eating what your wife cooks: Give it your best shot.
3) You can only change yourself.
4) If giving each other haircuts causes problems, then just don’t do it.
5) Watch out for “modern rest areas” that are actually casinos.
6) Know the right time for talking.
7) Bring enough frozen custard from St. Louis for everyone.
8) Get the help your marriage needs…
For my more detailed and not quite the same suggestions, head on over to Truth and Charity…