1. My (philosopher) husband just called, and I asked him if I should write quick takes today. His response?
“There are no Quick Takes; Only the Mind.”
2. Two years ago right now I was in labor with this one (the one that looks 2, not that other one):
|A realistic depiction of a child: frizzy hair and food on her face.|
Now she eats corn dogs. I have never had all of my out-of-womb children over the age of two. Does that make sense?
3. For her birthday, I decided to replace the long destroyed toy stroller cover. I sewed it in about 90 minutes last night. No, I am not opening an Etsy shop, though I know you all really want hand made, badly machine stitched, toy stroller covers. I am pretty pleased with the result, and so is F. We let her open two presents first thing because she would have just about lost it if she could not find her stroller all day. She is happiest about having a buckle.
|NOT for sale. I love this fabric pattern.|
4. F and I finished weaning this week. We were down to naps and bedtimes and well, being pregnant makes barely nursing not very nice at all. So, we decided it was time to be done. Two years is the longest I have ever nursed a baby (17 and 19 months for G and L). She seems cool with it, and we make sure to be cuddly before bed during our old nursing time. And for the record, I have now been pregnant and/or nursing for 6 1/3 years straight.
|Things I made in this picture (all recycled from previous years): St. Joan’s armor/vest, St. Gemma’s cloak, St. Lucy’s skirt.|
5. Here is our All Saints picture. I did not have time to take one before the evening Mass we went to, so we only have a poorly lit, after party, past bedtime, high on sugar photos.
6. When I got home from the grocery store last Saturday, the children spent about 10 minutes pretending to be cows and pushing around gallon milk jugs before I decided that the milk should probably be put away. Who would have thought milk could be so much fun?
|F is getting so big.|
7. So, did I just prove that there actually are quick takes and not just the mind? I don’t know. But you philosophers out there can debate that amongst yourselves. I am going to go have some snickers bars now… (fun size)
Linking up again with Jen at Conversion Diary.
One thought on “Seven Quick Takes: Friday, November 7”
Wowza! F looks so much like M it is crazy!
Comments are closed.